This is the Lower Third at Outernet privacy notice and describes how we process your personal data when you visit our venue or our website – www.thelowerthird.co.uk
The Lower Third at Outernet is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 13381794. The Lower Third at Outernet is also registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZB267955.
We respect your rights to data protection and privacy and this notice provides details of what personal data we collect, what we use it for, who we share it with and the rights you have under data protection legislation, which means the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we process your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by any of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 207 494 0494
- Post: 26 Soho Square, London, W1D 4NU
If you are not happy with how we respond to your request, you can contact the ICO via their website https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
The remainder of this notice provides details of:
- the personal data we collect
- our data retention approach
- the lawful bases we use for processing your personal data
- your rights under data protection legislation
- security of your data.
The personal data we collect
When you use our website
You can sign up to our newsletter by giving us your email address. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time by using the link that will be in any emails we send you.
Our hire page has an enquiry form for you to contact us via email and requires you to provide your name, company, email address and phone number. Any information you choose to give us when contacting us will only be used for the purpose of dealing with, and responding to, your communication.
When you click on a link to buy tickets to an event, you are taken to our ticketing partner’s website to complete the transaction and any personal data you provide is subject to their privacy notices. When you book through our ticketing partner, we will receive your name and email address for the purposes of guest list management, and you will also be able to opt into promotional material.
When you visit the Lower Third at Outernet
We operate CCTV within the public areas of the Lower Third at Outernet for security and safety reasons. The recorded footage is retained for 30 days unless required for evidential purposes.
The Outernet London district provides free Wi-Fi networks for its visitors. You are not required to provide any personal data to log onto that network.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data if required to do so by law and only if it is strictly necessary.
We use key suppliers to provide our core services, and these are shown below.
Product or service, Organisation, Location
- Ticketing partner, Dice, United Kingdom
- Marketing platform, Mailchimp, United States
We do not sell or otherwise share your personal data with any other third party.
Our data retention approach
The Lower Third at Outernet will only retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you or because there is an external requirement for us to do so, for example, for accounting or legal reasons.
The lawful bases we use for processing your personal data
Consent – when you sign up to receive communications from us or provide us with your contact details so we can respond to communications from you.
Legitimate interests – such as our CCTV that is there to help keep our people, guests and visitors safe and guest list management.
Your rights under data protection legislation
You have several rights, which are described below, and these depend on the nature of the processing that we are doing.
- Right of access – you can request that we provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold, which is commonly referred to as a subject access request, what we are doing with it, who we are sharing it with and where we obtained it
- Right to rectification – you can ask us to correct or complete any information that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure – you can request that we erase your personal data., also known as the right to be forgotten. It is important to note that this is not an absolute right and there are some circumstances in which it does not apply
- Right to restriction of processing – You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in some circumstances
- Right to object to processing – You can object to us using your personal data at any time. Again, this only applies in certain circumstances, and we may have a legitimate reason to continue to use your personal data
- Right to data portability – this right only applies to personal data that you have given us and where it is being held in electronic form
To exercise your rights under data protection legislation you should contact us using the details given in the contact details section of this privacy notice.
Security of your data
The Lower Third at Outernet takes seriously the security of any personal data that you provide to us and has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect it from unauthorised access, misuse or compromise.